Shreve Island Elementary School
STEM Intersession Program
Young Scholars STEM Intersession Programs are uniquely designed to be fun and educational while introducing children to a variety of science, technology, engineering, and math concepts. We combine life science, medical science, forensic science, environmental science, and a host of other subjects into a week loaded with fun!
Pretend to be a Scientist while using everyday household items to perform science experiments.
Pretend to be an Inventor while learning about the engineering design process and creating your own product.
Pretend to be a Detective while learning about Forensic Science and solving mysteries.
These programs and more will be offered during intersession to keep your child engaged and mentally challenged!
Programs are held at Shreve Island during the typical school day 9am-2pm. Programs will be offered in October 2016, February 2017 and May 2017. The cost to attend is only $149 per session which includes all supplies. Students must bring a lunch and snacks.
Benefits of Young Scholars programs include:
- Children gain exposure to a variety of STEM subjects
- Quality hands-on, interactive programs that are fun and educational
- Children perform real science experiments to reinforce learning and test knowledge
- Children work individually and in groups to exercise problem solving and critical thinking skills
Students may attend one or more of the following sessions:
- October 3, 2016 - October 7, 2016
- February 13, 2017 - February 17, 2017
- May 22, 2017 - May 26, 2017